Uncovering The Reason
One neat thing about race horses is un-covering their past. It's exciting to learn who your horse actually is and what they did (or didn't) do during their career at the track.
I haven't done any research into Reason's past. I was told his registered name, but just had no real desire to look into it until now. For some reason I thought that finding this information out would cost $50 through the JC. (I did this deluxe research package with Ink through them.) But, I happened to forget that EquineLine offers this free service to look at their pedigree and simple stats like races finished etc. It also lists the breeders name, DOB and a couple other stats which are interesting.
Upon looking up Reason's name "Good Folks," I came across his pedigree which shares some similarity with Ink's.
Here it is:

I thought it was pretty neat. "Bold Reasoning, Reason to Earn, Hail to Reason." I never knew about the relation in his pedigree to his name, when I decided to call him "Reason." I think it's pretty neat and I like how each name within his pedigree describes something about him or this journey!
"Event of the Year," Reason's sire is a beautiful horse, which baby Reason shares some resemblence with. That little tail, color, resembling conformation.

So now I have some idea of who exactly "Good Folks" is and it appears he didn't have a successful race career to say the least ;), which could very well mean his is cut out for a different career as a sport horse!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home